You find the WooCommerce menu at the bottom of the left navigation bar. Click on it & go to the Sync menu.
Here you will find the options to sync Categories, Products, Orders & Tax.
Sync Product Categories:
Click on this Sync button to synchronize the categories & Sub-Categories present in Online Billing Software to WooCommerce.
Map Tax Rates:
This option is used to map the taxes present in Online Billing Software to that of the taxes present in WooCommerce.
This is useful for adding related tax for a product during creation & updating.
NOTE: You must map the taxes before Synchronizing Products & Orders.
Synchronizing products is a time-consuming task and take up to 30 minutes or above depending on the number of products. Do not refresh or leave the page while synchronization is under progress.
Simple & Variable products synchronization is supported.
It has 2 options:
Sync only new products:
Using this option only newly created products in POS are created in WooCommerce. This option can be less time consuming, again it depends on the number of products.
Using this option all newly created products are created in POS & existing products are updated. Since it does both the operation of creation & updating it will be more time consuming than the previous option.
This option is used to get all orders in WooCommerce website to Online Billing Software.
All newly created or updated orders after the last sync get added to Online Billing Software. A special tag is also added to the order to mark it as an order from WooCommerce.
NOTE: you can automate this process of syncing orders by enabling “” option in settings.
Reset Synced Categories / Reset Synced Products:
When you click on sync Products it creates the product present in Online Billing Software to WooCommerce. And with this, a link is established between the WooCommerce Products & Online Billing Software Products.
Technically woocommerce products ID is stored in Online Billing Software database to create a mapping between them.
After you have Synced the products if you click on “Reset Synced Products” then the link will be broken (technically the woocommerce product id stored in POS is deleted and set to null)
This reset is useful when you’re changing the WooCommerce Website.
After Reset if you click on Sync Products again then it will check for same products SKU present in WooCommerce, if not present then it will create the product and store the product id in Online Billing Software.
Note: deleting of products in WooCommerce is not required if the SKU for products in WooCommerce & Online Billing Software is the same.
Same applies to Categories also.
Using Order Webhook:
What is webhook:
Webhook helps you to get live orders from WooCommerce to Online Billing Software. Meaning whenever there is a new order in WooCommerce website it gets send instantly to Online Billing Software.
Setting up Webhook:
- Go to WooCommerce -> API settings -> WebHook settings, there you will find Order Created, Order Updated, Order Deleted, Order restored webhook settings containing Webhook Secret & Webhook Delivery URL
- Copy the Webhook Delivery URL for Order Created and create a new Webhook in WooCommerce. For creating Webhook in WooCommerce refer to this document: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/webhooks/#section-3
- Name: Give any name which you can recognize.
- Status: Active
- Topic: Order Created
- Delivery URL: Paste the order created delivery URL from Online Billing Software.
- Secret: keep it blank.
- API version: WP REST API version 2
- Click on “Save Webhook” in WooCommerce.
- Copy the Generated “Secret” from WooCommerce and paste it to Webhook Secret of Online Billing Software Order Created.
- Repeat the above process for all other (Order Updated, Order Deleted, Order restored)
After configuring when a new order comes it will also be updated in Online Billing Software.